Home | Xenophobia: Part One | Xenophobia: Part Two | Xenophobia: Part Three | Fish Out Of Water | LiveJournal Blog

Introduction

Description (from contest):

This is for all the creatures available to our sims, and there are SO many, from Game available (like Vampires and Zombies) to Downloadable monsters (Satyrs, Mermaids).

Rating: Normal
Eliminations:
No
Result: Third

Other notes: The first of my two contests for Halloween! Being my favourite holiday and my liking "different" contests like this, I couldn't very well refuse this one ;) The last round has nothing to do with the related story, but the others do - apart from round two where we had to illustrate a song, but even that was done using pics from his story.

Warning: Contains some nudity, although not enough to make it adult.

Friday 20 June 2008

Round Two

Nightwish - Devil and the Deep Dark Ocean

A snowy owl above the haunted waters
poet of ancient gods
Cries to tell the neverending story
prophecy of becoming floods

An aura of mystery surrounds her
the lady in brightest white
Soon the incarnate shall be born
The Creator of the night



Deep dark is his Majesty's kingdom
A portent of tomorrow's world
There shall the liquid give Him power
The red-eyed unborn lord



Fatal embrace of the bloodred waters
The cradle of infinite gloom
The spell to master this Earth
Carven on an infant's tomb

"I will die for the love of the mermaid
Her seduction, beauty and scorn
Welcome to the end of your life
- Hail the Oceanborn!"



"Disgraced is my virginity
Death has woven my wedding dress
Oh, Great Blue, breathe the morning dew
For you are the cradle for the image of god"

"Brave now, long rest is sweet
With me here in the deep

"I Prayed for pleasure, wished for love
Prayed for your..."

"Never pray for me!"



"Who the hell are you for me
But a mortal dream to see"

"This apathetic life must drown
Forever just for me"

"Leave me be
Leave me be
Leave me be..ee eeee... e"



"From cradle to coffin
shall my wickedness be your passion

We shall come to set the dolphins free
We shall wash the darkened bloodred sea
Our songs will echo over the mountains and seas
The eternity will begin once again in peace


4 comments:

scarlet_white said...

The last image was quite something, him with a fish tail and the dolphins, thanks for sharing this, so he has to drown to win the love of a mermaid, thats quite a bit cruel, although reminiscent of death and rebirth, and many mermaids in certain stories are known to be heartless.

Astral Faery said...

Sadie, as always, your pictures are pure art. They are such a pleasure to look at and have such an impact in everything you do. This is a beautiful piece. You got second place in that one, correct? Or am I mistaken? Wonderfully illustrated, a great fit to the words.

Sam said...

@scarlet: To be honest, I'm still trying to figure that song out. It sounds like this demon-type guy is harassing this maiden or something like that. For this round we just had to illustrate a song using our "monsters", and that one stood out for me (especially given Andy's story) :) Glad you like it anyway.

@Ari: I came third. Thanks for your kind words - as well as inspiring me to get the contests up here at all ;) Feels weird looking back over my past efforts.. that reminds me, when do we get to see Sheldyn's entry? I really enjoyed that one :)

Astral Faery said...

Third...then was it the Baddest Bitch and Butch you came in second? Or is my memory faulty?

Aw, thanks for your kind words about Sheldyn's entry (yeah, I didn't do well with that one, lol). That was actually extracted (and trimmed) from a story that I started awhile back. I'll eventually get around to working on it as a sims story - but it's just going to have to wait. I have two other projects to work on when I finish BL&D - and little time these days. I have so many project ideas, lol. Sometimes I just want to work on them all at the same time. But I know that would quickly become overwhelming. Oh well, at least I'll be busy for quite awhile, right?